Col. Scott Olech is the Commander of the 149th Medical Group, JBSA-Lackland, Texas. In his command capacity, Colonel Olech advises the 149th Fighter Wing Commander on matters pertaining to medical aspects of the health and welfare of the 149th FW and the rigorous world of fighter aviation. He also commands the Expeditionary Medical Contingency Management Force, which can respond to natural or man-made disasters within 24 hours
Colonel Olech graduated from the Ohio Northern University in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. He entered the United States military after selling his own pharmacy staffing business in 2003. His first active duty station was Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. He was then transferred to Andersen AFB, Guam in 2006, where he assumed the pharmacy lead and began his training in medical readiness. During his tenure in Guam, he completed his Master of Business Administration. In 2009, his readiness skills were used during his tour at the Pentagon, while stationed at Bolling AFB. Colonel Olech deployed as an action officer to the Combined Air Operations Center in Southwest Asia in 2010. After a brief tour at Minot AFB, Colonel Olech separated from the active component after serving at Lackland AFB, Texas for two years. He then accepted a commission with the Texas Air National Guard in 2014.
Prior to assuming his current position, Colonel Olech served as Commander, 149th Medical Group, Detachment 1, at Joint Base San Antonio-Kelly Field Annex, Texas.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy, Ohio Northern University, Ohio.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence.
2009 Master of Business Administration and Management, University of Phoenix, Ariz.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. April 2003 – June 2006, Officer in Charge, Satellite Pharmacy, 99th Medical Group, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
2. July 2006 – June 2009, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Flight Commander, 36th Medical Group, Andersen AFB, Guam
3. July 2009 – July 2011, Chief of Homeland Medical Operations, Air Force Medical Support Agency, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C. (June 2010 – December 2010, Medical Operations Officer to the Air Force Central Command Surgeon, Southwest Asia)
4. August 2011 – November 2012, Diagnostics and Therapeutics Flight Commander, 5th Medical Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
5. December 2012 – July 2014, Chief of Outpatient Pharmacies, 59th Medical Group, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas.
6. December 2014 – October 2017, Pharmacist/Commander, 149th Medical Group, Detachment One, Joint Base San Antonio - Kelly Field Annex, Texas.
7. October 2017 – Present, Commander, 149th MDG, JBSA - Kelly Field Annex, Texas.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Captain May 23, 2003
Major April 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 2015
(Current as of December 2017)